It’s interesting to see how the different generations, due to the similar experiences that they lived through, respond in similar ways and have similar characteristics. That isn’t to say that we are all exactly the same as everyone else that was born and therefore lived in our generation but just how far do those similarities extend? I would really like to know.
We researched products that were aimed at Gen X dads and how the design language used was similar to the generally mainstream thought patterns: No BS, Efficient, Technology is good and so is individualism. As designers I think that the difficult part of connecting our products to the target market is translating those thoughts and ways of thinking into something tangible and emotive. I think that all the successful designers out there are able to take the ‘in-’ OUT of intangible to create tangible products that were previously just thoughts and emotions.
0 comments:
Post a Comment